Translate

Monday, February 3, 2014

LORAC "Take a Brow"

I've never been one to mess with my eyebrows when it comes to makeup; mostly because I have terribly shaped eyebrows no matter where I go or who does them for me, so I try to not accentuate that fact. I got  brave yesterday and I went and bought LORAC's "Take a Brow" eyebrow kit from Sephora.

 When I was in the store, there were three shades to choose from: Blonde, Brunette, and Dark Brown.  As you can see in the pictures, I do possess dark brown hair, but when I opened the corresponding brow kit, it had a coffee color and an almost black color along with the brow wax.  I was being brave, but not that brave.  When I have ventured into trying brow pencils before, I always felt like my eyebrows were the only thing you could see on my face, so I am still a little cautious.  I opted for the brunette kit which had a light brown and coffee colored option along with the brow wax.

I used the light brown in the following picture.  You can see the before and after.  I used tips from Makeup.com (Link: http://www.makeup.com/fill-brows-how-to/) to help me get it right (I'll still need practice and time to experiment). The kit included a mini angled brush, but I used my own larger one.  The pigment was just that, packed dry pigment.  I don't know why but I was expecting something creamier.  This just means that this brow kit will probably last me forever because I used so very little. (Bonus!) After putting on the light brown in the areas that are lacking, I applied the wax and viola! When I looked in the mirror, I still felt like all I could notice were my eyebrows, but when I look at the before and after pics, I definitely see the need for filling in my eyebrows.  I actually have a semi-shape to my eyebrows after using this. Thanks LORAC! 



No comments:

Post a Comment