Translate

Saturday, February 1, 2014

4-IN-1 HANDMADE BIKINI

When my boyfriend and I went to Cancún I obviously needed a new swim suit. (What girl doesn't want a new bikini every year??) I couldn't find a Brazilian bikini anywhere in the U.S. and the prices online were outrageous! ($65+) So I decided to make my own for a grand total of $10 plus a few hours at the sewing machine.  I am the queen of multi-use clothing, so of course my swim suit is 100% reversible.


I wasn't just going to make a regular reversible bikini.  I made one that can become a bandeau as well. (As pictured.) When I was playing beach volleyball, I tied the straps around my neck and I had no slipage the entire 3 games. I was very impressed.


I loved the patterned lycra that I found to make this bikini! It was just gorgeous.  


If anyone is interested in having me make them a bikini, I would be happy to do it! I really enjoyed making this one and I plan on buying plenty of fabric to make more and more styles. I plan on making everything reversible if possible so that I (or you...) can mix and match the pieces.  

Cuando mi novio y yo fuimos a Cancún, obviamente yo necesitaba un nuevo bikini. (Cuál chica no siempre necesita uno nuevo?) Encontrar un binkini Brasileño en EEUU fue imposible y del internet salían carísimos! ($65+) Entonces, decidí hacer uno yo mismo al sumo de $10 y unas horas frente de la maquina de coser. Soy la reina de prendas multi-usas así que este bikini es 100% reversible.

No iba a hacer cualquier bikini reversible, no no no... Tenía que poder transformar a un bandeau tambien (como está en las fotos).  Para jugar volei de arena, atajé los cordones atrás del cuello y se quedó quieto por tres partido sin problemitas. Yo estaba bastante impresionada con eso.

Me encanta la entampa que tiene esta tela! Es muy bonito.

Si alguién está intesada en que le haga yo un bikini, yo sería maz que feliz por hacerlo. Realmente disfruté coser este bikini y planeo en comprar mucha tela para hacer más así y también de más estilos. Ojalá que todo sea reversible si posible para que yo pueda (o vos puedas) mexclar la piezas. Besitos!

No comments:

Post a Comment